Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Little Concert

That just so happens to be a Steven Curtis Chapman Concert.

*cue applause*

Just kidding, you don't have to applaud, but we did get to go to the concert.  It was a part of the Songs & Stories tour that had Steven Curtis Chapman, Josh Wilson, and Andrew Peterson.

It. Was. Awesome. 
...and amazing
...and many other synonyms I can't think of right now.  

I took a few pictures, and if it is okay, I want to post a few (read: twelve).  I know, that is a lot of pictures, but some are for a friend, and I couldn't limit it down to any more. :-)

Nathan & Ashlyn, on the way to the church where the concert was.
Sweet Ryan.  Happy and cheerful. :-)
(from left to right) Andrew Peterson, Steven Curtis Chapman, Josh Wilson singing "Do Everything."
Josh Wilson playing "Amazing Grace"
Andrew Peterson playing "World Traveler"
Steven Curtis Chapman singing "Long Way Home"
Sharing stories.
SCC "When Love Takes You In" (I just have to say as a side note that it was so moving and beautiful when he sang and played it.  They showed the video when they adopted their first little girl while he sang and it made me cry.  It was soo sweet.)
Of course, right after he sang "When Love Takes You In," he played "Cinderella."  Tears kept running down my face.  Again, it was beautiful. 
I think they were playing "Diving In."  It was SO great!  Everybody was on their feet singing like crazy and clapping.  It was amazing.
The three singers with the band right after the end of the last song.
The "bow."  Again, the crowd was going nuts.  It wasn't to overpowering though. :-)
It was such an amazing experience.  It was my first ever (non-classical) concert to go too, it was the greatest ever.  :-)

Have a blessed day!

In Him,
Kristin

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow, what fun! :D "Do Everything" and "Cinderella" are some of my sisters' favorite songs. Legendary!