Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


As we celebrate the holiday of Thanksgiving, we need to remember the very first Thanksgiving. The pilgrims, when after a year of near starvation and plague, were finally able to eat food, and they stopped to give thanks. They took a day, a whole day, to give thanks to the Lord, who made them.

The story of these labourers, gives me strength and makes me thankful for all that I have. Some of the main things I am thankful for are, first of all my Lord Jesus Christ who came and died for me on the cross, second of all my parents, for bringing me into this world and for training me and bringing me up to love the Lord. I am also thankful for all my family. My brothers, my sister, my grandparents, all my Aunts and Uncles, and my cousins have loved me and helped me do what is right. I am also very thankful for my friends. Whether they all know it or not, they have helped me to become the person I am today. Last of all (not really, I have many more thankful's I would say, but this is all for today.), I am very thankful for the church we go to. I think our family has really been blessed by our church. We have been blessed by the teaching , by the fellowship that we have received, and from the encouragement to do what is right.


I hope that you would take a minute to stop and to think of all the wonderful things you have to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving!


In Him,

No comments: