Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Happy Birthday!"...

...so says Frosty the Snowman.  Except for, of course, it's March (hey, I dream of snow all year long okay?).

And being March, it is not only right after Daddy's Birthday, includes Nathan's Birthday, it is also...

Trey's Birthday!
(busy month for us...Trey says he tops it off. ;-))

Ya big fifteen-year-old. :)
We went out a few days ago and took some "freshman" pictures for his birthday (if you're in my family, you get pictures every grade, uh possibly every month, or...day.  Needless to say, I like my camera. A lot.).  One of the great things about Trey is that he is so easy-going, that means he also doesn't care about being in pictures.  Whenever I point the camera at him, he doesn't shy away: he faces it head on.

However, most of the pictures look like...
this...
and this...

and last but not least...the rock-star pose.
I have three brothers.  Trey is the lead goof-ball. Then follows Nathan, and finally Ryan.  

They keep me on my toes.  All the time. ;-)

I think it is good though, they help me to filter stress through hysterical laughter.  'Cause let me tell ya, when they get going, it is like one wave after another.  

Trey remembers pretty much everything.  Of course, that helps with his wit, but he also uses it for other things such as memorizing Bible verses or math & physics formulas (yes, he is in physics.  This guy is smart.).





Trey loves his guitar.  He loves playing the guitar.  And he is really good at the guitar.  Recently, we learned about this Contemporary Christian artist named Josh Wilson who plays the guitar really well.  When Trey first heard Josh Wilson play an instrumental version of "It is Well," he has wanted to learn how to play that piece.  Trey wasn't able to get around to the piece until he was asked to play his guitar for church.  The problem (well, Trey thought it was a problem, ) was that he only had one month to learn how to play the piece.  But he didn't let that deter him. :-)

He emailed Josh Wilson asking for the tab, and when Josh Wilson's manager emailed Trey back with the music, he got to work.

After working really, really hard on it for one month, he got the piece down and was able to play it for church (with some minor changes though :-)). It was so gorgeous when he played at church, he played it really well.  But, the thing that struck me was Trey only wanted to give glory to God.

Playing "Amazing Grace." Another of his favorites. ;-)
He is actually playing "It Is Well" here.  I wanted to record him, but he wouldn't let me.  Oh well, one day I will get it. :-)
So Trey, I am so glad you are my brother.  You make me laugh so much, you truly enjoy life.  I just wanted to take this post and tell you how much I appreciate you.  Thank you for protecting me from the red lobsters and lava. :-)
Happy Birthday Trey!

-Love "the Sis"

Silly boy. :-)

1 comment:

Christa said...

Happy birthday, Bert! We love you!