Friday, March 16, 2012

Surprise! (We threw one at least...)

A few weeks ago right before my Dad's Birthday (Feb. 27), all of our family schemed together to throw him a surprise birthday party!  Now, it is very hard to keep secrets from my Dad--normally he can see right through me--but this time we were able to give him a big surprise!

We had planned it out to where my Nana would nonchalantly text Daddy and tell him that we could get together for leftovers at their house.  I had a violin practice that afternoon, so we planned that Daddy would come and pick me up and take me too my grandparent's house.  It was sooo hard all the way there to keep from smiling and raising suspicion.  I just kept thinking, "I hope he doesn't know, I hope he doesn't suspect anything!" all the way to their house. 

When we pulled up I had to work really hard to keep from smiling, I was so excited!  Daddy didn't have a clue about anything, and I just knew it would work out.  The funniest thing was that we had hid everybody's cars behind the house, and at the last minute he saw one!  He kept questioning about the cars as we walked towards the door, I was just praying that it wouldn't click in his mind what we were up too!

Of course, he was incredibly surprised.  The look on his face when everyone yelled "surprise" was so priceless!  Later he kept saying how he couldn't believe we pulled it off, and that he was so happy to see everyone. 

I was unable to get many pictures of him (he is an expert dodger :-)), but I was able to take a few of the party.  Pretty much all of our family was there, our Aunt Marilyn even skyped in from Colorado.  It was a great time. :-)
Aunt Kera and little Anna, plus cousin Caleb talking to Marilyn.
  
  
Besides Daddy, of course, there was another little person that everyone was quite excited to see.  Little miss Anna has now officially come to her first family get-together.  She probably won't remember it though. :-)
Aunt Sharion holding Anna.
Cousin Jonathan
I don't think Daddy minded too much having another little person steal the show. :-)  She might get just a little bit spoiled by everybody.  Only by a little bit though. ;-)

After we had finished eating cake and ice cream, Trey pulled out his guitar and played for everyone.  He has become incredibly talented on the guitar, sounding out different hymns and songs by either watching them being played, or just by ear.  His most recent song has been Amazing Grace by Josh Wilson.  I'll tell you what, it is really, really neat to watch Trey play it.  I know I just said this, but he has become so crazy good on the guitar!  I am so glad God has blessed with this ability.  It gives so much joy to others. Anyway the party was a great time to talk, just relax and enjoy ourselves. 

Us Alexander children had a surprise in-store as well, Mommy and Daddy had secretly bought tickets for Steven Curtis Chapman's Songs and Stories Tour, and finally told us that night.  We were so shocked, and soooooo excited (big SCC fans over here).  It was a totally awesome way to end the night, plus we had something to look forward too.  I personally had been feeling a little swamped with school, and so I was very, very thankful to Mommy and Daddy for giving us the privilege to go. :-) 

Anyway, I highly recommend throwing surprise parties.  They are so much fun. ;-)

Have a blessed day!
Kristin

1 comment:

Kera and Andrew Green said...

I love this post and absolutely LOVE all of the pictures! I will have to copy some of them since I don't have too many from the party. You do such a great job taking pictures Kristin! You are very talented (in so many areas!)