Thursday, October 18, 2012

New Beginnings...

image credit

So it's been a little while since I've posted.  Actually it has been approximately sixteen weeks and a day.

It's also been thirteen weeks, and two days since something else happened in my life.  Something really hard, and that still hurts, and that has changed me.

I lost my Papaw.

From my birthday "Tea"party a long time ago. 

I don't know why, I'll never know really.  I still have to adjust to it being real.  But I do know that God is in control. 

You know, I found out that just saying and truly believing are two different things.  It's so easy for me to have "sympathy" when everything is right and dandy in my life.  It's much harder when I'm on the other side.  How truly little I know, there is so much I don't have a grasp on.  Those first few days after I lost my Papaw I felt like I was spinning.  Didn't know which way to go, which way was up or down, right or left.  
It's hard to describe what my feelings were when everything has this fine glaze of hurt over it.  
But the Lord took me in His arms.  He is, and was, in control.  
Again, do you know how hard it is to truly say that?  Not to just flippantly spout "Oh, He's in control--no problems!"  But to deeply acknowledge his complete, omniscient power and control?  Well, let us just say it's a lot harder than I've ever thought before.  
But HE has been helping us.  My family I mean.  All of us who can't quite come home the same because Papaw's not there next door.  But HE will help us.  
HE knows the way to wherever you are
HE knows the way to the depths of you heart 
HE knows the way, 'cause he's already been
Where you're going
Jesus will meet you there.
-Steven Curtis Chapman Jesus Will Meet You There

 And so, our family starts a new life.  A new beginning.  One that's hard, but still filled with the Lord's many, many blessings.  We would appreciate your prayers.  

No comments: