Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday, For His Glory: Pink

I am participating in a small photography challenge this year.  Each Friday we post on that week's theme.  I thought that I would also post my picture and thoughts from the challenge on this blog. :)

This week's theme is "pink."
 
The first person the enters my mind when I think of "pink," is my little sister, Ashlyn.

She never leaves the house without something pink: A headband, a purse, or even a pair of socks.  She just loves pink!

But what I love about her (well, one of the many things I love about her :) ), is that while she is girly, she doesn't act frail or naive, she just goes out there and does her job.  She pulls weed in the garden while wearing a massive pink bow in her hair, she plays and wrestles with the boys while wearing her pink boots, or a sparkly rhinestone belt.  She enjoys life...with a little pink thrown in. :)

And now, my picture:


Here is Ashlyn, close to sunset, about to feed the chickens.  But notice what she is wearing: a gigantic, fur, pink coat with a dark magenta dress.  She quickly fed the chickens, hopped over the fence, and then raced me back to the house.  All in her "pink." :)

"Enjoy life with...whom you love, all the days of your...life that He has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun. Whatever you find your hand finds to do, do it with all your might" (Ecclesiastes 9:9,10 ESV).

In Him,
Kristin 

2 comments:

Abby said...

Very cute! Angie is just as pink and girly, today she cracked me up because she had a pop-gun sticking out of her pink backpack!

Allison said...

I love your new blog title and design and the new post. What would we do without little girls? :)

Oh, and I adore your profile pic.