Sunday, June 19, 2011

About Fathers


So, since today is Father's Day I thought I would do a  post in order to honor all the most important "Father's" in my life.

Disclaimer: I just wanted to say Happy Father's Day to my wonderful grandfathers as well.  I love you all very much. :) 

Of course, the first Father I should talk about is my Heavenly Father.  The Father who created the world, who created me.  The Father who made me His daughter.  Who continually leads me closer to Him.  Who seeks for me, and points me into the Narrow Way.

"The law of the LORD is perfect, restoring the soul;
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.  
The precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the LORD are true; they are righteous altogether.
They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb.
Who can discern his errors? Acquit me of hidden faults.
Also keep back Your servant from presumptuous
sins;
Let them not rule over me;
Then I will be blameless,
And I shall be acquitted of great transgression.
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O LORD, my rock and my Redeemer. "-Psalm 19:7-14
---

Now I want to talk about a group of Fathers that not many people think about on Father's Day.  But these fathers were, and still are, incredibly important to me.



Our Founding fathers and the men that founded our Nation deserve to be thought about on Father's Day.  Most of these men were devout Christians, and they were passionate about their God their Country.

 "It is impossible to rightly govern the nation without God,
and the Bible. "-George Washington

These men were good fathers, and good husbands. They cared about the welfare of our nation.  They prayed for our Nation.  So on Father's Day remember these men.

---

Now about my Daddy. :)

  • My Daddy is so considerate.  
  • He can read me like a book.  
  • He knows when I am happy, sad, mischievous, ...and on and on. 
  • He doesn't care about getting embarrassed while doing things with, as a matter of fact he loves to embarrass us children (in a good way of course :)).  
  • He jokes with us, encourages us, works with us. 
  • He loves Mommy with his life.  
  • He loves us too, of course. :)  
  • He gives the best hugs, and back massages. 
  • He encourages us to read our Bibles, to exercise, work diligently in our school and in our chores.  
  • He instructs us out of the Bible, he disciplines us, he teaches us how to solve conflicts.  
  • He loves all of his family so much. :)
  • ...and he's my Daddy!

There is so much more I can write you Daddy, but I think I will just say this:

For  "He will restore the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. " -Malachi 4:6 

I love you Daddy.

Happy Father's Day
In Him,
Kristin


photo credit: 1st photo, 2nd photo

No comments: