Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Hills are Alive!

"Maria's Back! "-My Favorite Things
One of the reasons I haven't been posting very often is because of an activity that myself and my brother participated in.  After many years of persuading from good friends, we finally decided to try the theater. :)

In our town, the community theater put on the play the Sound of Music.  My violin teacher had asked to play violin in the orchestra, so we figured if I was going to be up at the theater all the time, why not Trey too?  So he tried out and got the part of Friedrich. 
"So, A needle pulling thread! " -Do, Re, Mi 
 It was sooo much fun. :)

First of all getting to play the music from the Sound of Music was such an honor.  I have grown up with the movie and was incredibly excited when my teacher asked me to be in the orchestra.  I loved hearing all the singing and acting.  Our last performance was this past weekend, and although I was sad for it to be over, I will always remember what a wonderful experience it was. 

"O ho lay dee odl lee o, o ho lay dee odl ay"-  The Lonely Goatherd
I think Trey had fun too. :)  I was his first acting experience (onstage that is, this boy is hilarious all the time anyway),  he did a wonderful job. :)  He has really been blessed with singing and acting talents and it was fun getting to see him use them.

Now, I want to share a few of my favorite pictures (no pun intended :)) and characters.

Elsa and the Captain.  Elsa was one of my absolute favorite characters.  She got to be glamorous, and all in all was almost to lovable for this part.  I almost wished she prevails, but of course that would change the story. :)

Of course, the wonderful singing of the nuns.  It was absolutely amazing!






The End. I could share more pictures, but I think this is good. :)

In Him,
Kristin

1 comment:

Allison said...

Yay!!!
As you know, I was privileged to be there for the last showing. I loved it, and the nuns' singing was absolutely the best part. Y'all did a fabulous job. =)