Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Odds and Ends


Well, as you can tell there are a few changes to the blog.  Also, I haven't written in forever.

Well, life gets to you and time goes by,  and things more important are being discovered and well...
sometimes something like a blog gets put on a back burner.

I admire those young ladies who are continually encouraging me by what they write in their posts. However, I have found that while I do love to blog, I don't always find it easy to keep up my inspiration with the posts.  So it ends up being several months between my blog posts.

The reason I am writing this, is to kind of explain a little of how I feel about blogging (and to make excuses about the length between posts, of course. :)).  I guess in a way it is me trying to say that I will try and blog when I can, but when I don't, I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth :). I am just simply trying to enjoy my wonderful life as best as I can and sometimes,  I forget to write about it. :)

So to switch gears entirely...

Summer is in full swing here at my home.  Long gone are the days of lovely 60 degree weather, cool breezes, being able to walk outside and not be knocked over by a heatwave. :)  While my light colored skin does seem to do better in the before mentioned weather, I am glad it is summer.  There is just something about this season the just makes me think of swimming, lakes, popsicles, gardening, watermelon, flip-flops, family vacations, laughter, homemade ice-cream, floppy sun-hats, and all the glorious, glorious fun of summer. 

Also in the summer I get this sewing and reading craze where I want to sew everything up, and read anything I can get my hands on in our home.  Right now, before I move on to a wonderful, amazing, gloriously long book list, I have been reading through some different R.M. Ballantyne novels.  I love them because they are Godly, historical fiction with an emphasis on strengths and weaknesses of people through varying times of history.  I have always like the more "old-fashioned" books, for lack of a better word.  You know, that time of books like Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott, or the first publishing of the Nancy Drew Series or Hardy Boy's Series, to give a wide range of books.  It is just something about the innocence of those kinds of books that greatly appeal to me.

So now, with this conclusion of the first introduction to blogging in several months over, I bid you all Adieu for the night. :)

In Him,
Kristin Elizabeth

1 comment:

Allison said...

Kristin! How delighted I am to see a new blog post. <3

You did incredibly in your piano ensemble, by the way.